12.17.2004

Virgin Entry

I'm reminded of a novel I read by Greg Egan in which the characters are sentient software and can send copies of themselves all across the universe. These copies are identical to one another, and are each conscious as individual entities. I started a blog on msn spaces and, on a lark, started one here (obviously). My first post on msn bore the same title as this one, because that other entity thought it was clever, and, of course, so does this one.

I feel a kind of omniscience now, because I can see into the future and determine that my next entry here at blogger will be called, "sloppy seconds", because I will think that that is even more clever. Unless I grant myself the gift of free-will, in which case I will be able to title my second entry whatever the hell I want to.

No comments: